The Congregation of the Mission was founded by St. Vincent De Paul in France in the year 1625. This “Little Company” thrived to a great spiritual edifice in course of time and today the Congregation of the Mission has about 4,000 members in 46 Provinces and 5 Vice-Provinces scattered over 86 countries. In July 1963, just before the General Assembly of that year the Generalate was shifted from Paris to Rome, doing away completely from the influence of the French government and becoming more international. In the year 1922 Vincentian Spanish Missionaries came to India, and started their services in Orissa, and in course of time it became a province. In 1997 the Indian Province was bifurcated into two major provinces as North Indian Province and South Indian Province.
Vincentians (CM) known for their inventive skills and innovative acumen have made milestone achievements in the field of education. Some of the world renowned sister concerns of the Vincentian Fraternity are: