Learning has traditionally been considered to be an isolated activity that does not give enough opportunities to children to link classroom teaching to their real lives. This lack of a functional relationship between classroom learning and real-life experiences renders classroom learning incomplete. We at De Paul School Ukkunagaram follow the CISCE BOARD.
The CISCE curriculum has been designed so as to provide wider opportunities to children for meaningful learning. Inculcating essential human values and developing core life skills among children right from early classes is one of the major goals of the present curriculum. In the curriculum, such values and life skills have been integrated suitably within and across the subjects and presented in an infused manner so that these values and life skills could be imbibed as a way of life.
The curriculum is Theme based and child-centered and focuses on a wide range of learning experiences. It is a sequential arrangement of learning experiences and encourages an Integrated approach The Curriculum provides scope for Contextualization and follows a Social Constructivist approach and encourages the development of Life Skills. The CISCE Board organizes one of the most sought-after classes X certificates named the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education i.e., ICSE. Its curriculum includes various subjects which the child may require in his/her professional education
Age Group: 13yrs – 15yrs
Classes: 9 and 10
Group I (Compulsory)
- Second Language – Hindi / Telugu
- History, Civics and Geography
Group II (Compulsory)
- (Physics, Chemistry and Biology)
Group III (Any one of the following subjects)
- Computer Applications
As part of the ICSE programme, students are also required to undertake ‘Socially Useful Productive Work’ (SUPW).
The students also have subjects like
- Moral Science
- Physical Education
- Vedic Maths
- Art and Craft
Teaching learning Strategies
- Each student is treated as a unique individual with different learning capabilities
- Interactive learning is encouraged where students participate actively
- Group learning is encouraged to build self confidence in the students
- Science experiments are shown in the well equipped science labs
- Brainstorming method of teaching is incorporated
- Open discussions, debates and quizzes are conducted in class to make learning interesting and effective
The use of technology in the classroom ( Tata class edge) helps the children to perceive each topic in a better way
- In language classes and social science classes, role play method is also used
- The students become successful learners who enjoy learning
- They can successfully apply core concepts learnt from various subjects
The students understand texts of different subjects so as to communicate knowledge and ideas in ways specific to the subject
The students can articulate thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written and nonverbal communication skills in a variety of forms and contexts.
- They can use technology to access and provide information and to communicate with others
- They can understand cross-curricular linkages- connect learning across subject areas
- The students become confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
- They become responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society
- They can understand and apply knowledge to real life experiences
- The students develop a sense of responsibility towards others
- The Students learn to function successfully in the local and world community
They learn to respect diversity (in terms of religion, gender, regions, etc., and differences of opinions and beliefs).
- They learn to exhibit sensitivity towards environmental issues
- They learn to manage and utilize resources judiciously.
Assessment and Evaluation
Continuous assessment of students is taken through oral tests, project work and written tests. There are four major examination throughout the academic year to evaluate the learners.
|1st Mid -Term Examination||1st Semester Examination||2nd Mid – Term Examination||2nd Semester Examination|
|Conducted in July/August||Conducted in September/October||Conducted in January||Conducted in April|
For class 10 students there are Five Examinations. Three Cyclic Examination, Two Pre board Examination, These five Examinations give the students thorough revision of the entire syllabus and gives confidence and motivation for the board examination.